Pass the Keys are delighted to launch in the Chiltern and home county regions of Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire where new partner, Adam will be providing the UK’s No.1 short-term let management solution.
Adam has joined as a partner with over 20 years of hospitality experience. He recently completed a profitable sale of two successful multi-award winning country dining pubs of which one was a pub and restaurant and the other a country pub & inn with 7 boutique letting rooms.
Adam's love and passion for all things hospitality, guest experiences and local operating knowledge combined provide him with confidence in filling a huge void in the short-let management territory of the Chilterns.
What’s so great about the Chilterns?
The Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) is a protected landscape located in Southeast England, stretching across 324 square miles (840 sq km) of rolling hills and valleys. The area is renowned for its stunning scenery, diverse wildlife, and rich cultural heritage, and it is a popular destination for hiking, cycling, and other outdoor activities.
The Chiltern Hills themselves are a chalk ridge that stretches from the River Thames in Oxfordshire to Hitchin in Hertfordshire. The landscape is characterised by its steep escarpments, rolling hills, wooded valleys, and picturesque villages, with many areas of the AONB designated as Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSIs) for their unique flora and fauna.
The Chilterns AONB is also home to a rich cultural heritage, with evidence of human settlement dating back thousands of years. The area is dotted with historic churches, manor houses, and other landmarks, including the famous Whiteleaf Cross and the ancient Ivinghoe Beacon.
The AONB is home to a variety of wildlife, including rare species such as the red kite and the brown hairstreak butterfly. The area is also known for its diverse plant life, with wildflowers such as orchids, cowslips, and bluebells carpeting the hillsides in spring and summer.
Overall, the Chilterns AONB is a unique and special landscape, offering a wealth of opportunities for outdoor recreation, wildlife watching, and cultural exploration.
What's there to do in the Chilterns?
The Chilterns AONB offers a wide range of activities and attractions to suit all interests and ages. Here are some ideas of things to do in the Chilterns:
1. Enjoy outdoor activities: The Chilterns AONB is a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts, with plenty of opportunities for walking, cycling, horse riding, and bird watching. The area has an extensive network of footpaths, bridleways, and cycle routes, offering stunning views of the countryside.
2. Visit historical sites: The Chilterns has a rich cultural heritage, with a wealth of historical sites to explore, such as the ruins of the medieval castle of Berkhamsted, and the grand country houses of Cliveden, Hughenden Manor and Waddesdon Manor.
3. Discover: The Chilterns is dotted with charming and picturesque towns and villages, each with its unique character and charm. Some of the most popular places to visit include the market towns of Old Amersham and Thame, Warner Bros. Studio- Making of Harry Potter and the Roald Dahl Museum in the quaint village of Great Missenden where the children's author lived and wrote his magical stories.
4. Taste local food and drink: The Chilterns is a foodie's paradise, with a vibrant food and drink scene that celebrates local produce and traditional recipes. Be sure to try local specialities like Chiltern Ale, Hambleden Lemonade, and the Chiltern Lamb.
5. Attend cultural events: The Chilterns hosts a variety of cultural events throughout the year, such as the Chiltern Arts Festival, Chilterns Walking Festival and Chiltern Food Festival. These events offer a chance to experience the local culture and arts scene.
In short, the Chilterns AONB is a destination that offers something for everyone, whether you're looking to explore the great outdoors, delve into history, or simply relax and enjoy the scenery.
Why short-let my property in the Chilterns?
Short-letting your property in the Chilterns can be a great way to generate extra income and make the most of your investment. Here are some reasons why you may want to consider short-letting your property:
Extra income: Short-letting your property can provide you with an additional source of income, especially if you have a second home or a spare annexe that is not being used regularly. You can use the extra income to pay off your mortgage, fund your retirement, or invest in other properties.
Flexibility: Short-term rentals are more flexible than long-term rentals, allowing you to rent out your property for a few days, weeks, or months depending on your needs. This can be ideal if you want to use your property for holidays or family visits.
High demand: The Chilterns is a popular destination for tourists, business travellers, and students, which means there is always a high demand for short-term accommodation. Short-letting your property can help you capitalise on this demand and attract more renters.
Low risk: Short-term rentals carry less risk than long-term rentals, as you can screen your renters carefully and avoid the risk of a bad tenant. In addition, short-term rentals are usually covered by insurance, which provides extra protection for your property.
Tax benefits: Short-term rentals can offer tax benefits, as you can deduct expenses such as maintenance, repairs, and mortgage interest from your rental income. This can help you reduce your tax liability and increase your net income.
In conclusion, short-letting your property in the Chilterns, Buckinghamshire or Hertfordshire area can be a smart financial decision that allows you to generate extra income, enjoy flexibility, and take advantage of the high demand for short-term accommodation in this popular destination.
If you have a property in the Chilterns, Buckinghamshire or Hertfordshire area and are interested to find out how much you could earn as a short-let host through Airbnb, give Adam at Pass the Keys Chilterns a quick email at email@example.com. You can also visit our website and get a quote on how much your property could earn through short-letting. Simply visit passthekeys.com/chilterns.